Survey of Building Construction
The contaminants are found in the most diverse of products and components, for example, flooring, adhesives, sealing materials and insulation, paint, screeds, parquet floors, heaters.
These materials are often concealed and only become evident when renovation measures are carried out. Furthermore, the current or former use of the building (e.g., oil spills in workshops, solvents) or maintenance of the construction (paint, disinfection) can contaminate the fabric.
This can lead to far reaching consequences for the users and the owner. If the owner is, for example, the landlord or employer, he is, by law, obliged to guarantee "healthy living and working conditions".
A further example is work with specific hazardous materials such as asbestos, which is strictly regulated, making it easy to breach the environmental criminal law.
Our services to you include:
- Historical research on the construction and use of the building
- Expert inspection and drawing up of a sampling plan
- Technical survey (collection and analysis of material samples)
- Register of hazardous substances
- Hazard assessment
- Remediation concepts
- Work and Safety Plans (A+S-Plans)
- Recycling and disposal concepts
- Bidding documents
- Project management, construction management, construction supervision
The General Association of Hazardous Material Remediation (Gesamtverband Schadstoffsanierung, GVSS) has certified us as "Remediation experts for surveying and planning" for the remediation of buildings and plants impacted with contaminants.
Moreover the LGA-IUA is qualified as "Examination Center for Contaminated Building Materials and Construction Waste" to perform external quality controls and take on tasks as head technical expert.