Disused Military Sites
Are all disused military sites highly dangerous?
When one began to investigate the first sites in the mid-1980s, focus was placed on the former large TNT plants (Stadtallendorf, Hessisch Lichtenau, Clausthal-Zellerfeld). Today one knows that these plants are at amongst the Top Ten of the "remediation cases."
Our services to you include:
- Historical research using our knowledge base
- Estimation of the ammunition turnover and the explosive contaminants released
- GIS-based, 3D, digital aerial photo analysis
- Site characterization with customized survey design planning
- Exploratory and detailed investigations
- Hazard assessment for the subjects of protection human being, soil, plants and groundwater
- Occupational health and safety concepts that take the particular hazards inherent in ammunition, weapons and explosive compounds into consideration
- Remediation investigation, design, preparation of bidding documents, monitoring
Moreover LGA-IUA is qualified as "Examination Center for Disused Military Sites" to perform external quality controls and take on tasks as head technical expert.